Singer and actress and all-around legend, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, is partnering with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) to help provide housing assistance to those in need. Beyoncé, through her BeyGOOD foundation, and NAACP will offer 100 grants of up to $5,000 for those in need, per the Chicago Tribune.
As moratoriums on evictions are in flux, government programs are overwhelmed, and thousands have had their livelihoods disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, the grants will be well placed. According to the singer’s website, the “Online Application process opens January 7, 2021, where 100 recipients will be selected and grants disbursed in late January.”
“This holiday season while many are stressed with what they will do next regarding their housing, we are proud to share some GOOD news,” BeyGOOD said in a statement. “The NAACP is committed to helping ensure African Americans maintain their wealth and financial security during this unprecedented time of COVID-19,” the NAACP said in a statement.
Beyoncé has provided other assistance during the pandemic, including partnering with Jack Dorsey to donate, providing grants to Black-owned businesses, and participating in Global Citizen’s One World: Together At Home broadcast in April.
Online applications are available at NAACP.org.
- Watch the Trailer of “The Glorias” About Gloria Steinem’s Fight for Women’s Rights
- 9-Year-Old Raises $100,000 to Help Black-Owned Businesses
- How Artsy is Promoting Black-Owned Art Galleries
- These Celebrities, Companies and Entrepreneurs are Investing Millions in Racial Justice
- Meet the Woman Who Is Funding the Future of Food and Empowering Vegan Female Leaders Globally
- Girls Who Code Founder Calls Jack Dorsey a ‘Real, Selfless, Constant Ally’ to Minorities for Gifting $2 Million to Her Organization
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!