The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced in March that it had launched the climate change website that was previously taken down by the Trump Administration, CNN reported. The website launch is another indicator of the Biden Administration’s commitment to climate change.
“As part of the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to action on climate change and restoring science, EPA is taking the first step in a relaunch of its climate change website. In the weeks and months to come, EPA will be adding new, updated information on climate change science, impacts, what EPA is doing and what you can do, providing a trustworthy, accurate public resource on climate change issues and solutions,” the EPA shared alongside a video announcing the website.
Climate change is back as a significant policy position for the administration and the EPA plays a large role in that. “For the first time in four years, EPA now has a webpage to guide the public to a range of information, including greenhouse gas emissions data, climate change impacts, scientific reports, and existing climate programs within EPA and across the federal government,” the agency announced.
EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan said of the change, “Climate facts are back on EPA’s website where they should be. Considering the urgency of this crisis, it’s critical that Americans have access to information and resources so that we can all play a role in protecting our environment, our health, and vulnerable communities. Trustworthy, science-based information is at the foundation of strong, achievable solutions.”
Read more recent climate change news in One Green Planet, including NASA’s recent findings on the human connection to climate change.
Sign this petition to demand that U.S. legislators come together to unanimously support a Green New Deal so that we can finally address the climate crisis.
- Greta Thunberg Says She is ‘Free at Last’ to Expose ‘Dark Secrets Behind the Climate’ as She Turns 18
- Greta Thunberg Pushes Biden to ‘Treat Climate Crisis Like a Crisis’
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Endorses Joe Biden for President
- Greta Thunberg Donates Over $1 Million Prize Money to Environmental Groups
- Biden Signs Executive Order to Rejoin Paris Climate Accord
- Biden Signs Executive Actions Focused on Climate Change: ‘We Can’t Wait Any Longer’
- United States Refocuses on Fight Against Climate Crisis with Summit Participation
- Lawsuit Against Federal Government Frames Healthy Climate as Legal Right
- Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline
- John Kerry Chosen as Climate Envoy for Biden Administration
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!