The future Biden-Harris administration is working to hit the ground on January 20, the day they take office. Some of the planned executive actions Biden is working on revolve around climate and climate change.
Source: BBC News/Youtube
Here are the 10 executive actions Biden has said he will implement on Day 1 in office:
- Use federal government procurement to work towards 100% clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles.
- Make government buildings and facilities more energy efficient
- Limit methane pollution of gas and oil operations with specific requirements
- Implement the Clean Air Act, including an emphasis on fuel-economy standards
- Reduce emissions with updated standards for appliance and building efficiency.
- Focus on liquid fuels, including biofuels and incorporate agriculture into climate solutions
- Make federal permit decisions accountable to emissions standards and make infrastructure investment reduce climate pollution
- Require public companies to disclose climate risks and emissions in operations and supply chain
- Permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Protect biodiversity by protecting America’s lands and waters, with a goal of 30% protected by 2030.
Stef Feldman, Biden’s campaign policy director, told CNN, “From the very beginning of the campaign, when President-elect Biden rolled out his climate plan, he made it clear he sees this as an all-of-government agenda, domestic, economic, foreign policy. From the very beginning, when he talked about infrastructure, he talked about making sure that it built in climate change, that we are making our communities more resilient to the effects of climate change.”
Sign this petition to demand that U.S. legislators come together to unanimously support a Green New Deal so that we can finally address the climate crisis.
- Biden’s Upcoming Health Care Changes Will Contrast with President Trump’s
- 10 Major Environmental Rollbacks Made by Trump That Harm Animals (and Should be Reversed by Biden-Harris)
- AOC Shares Her Thoughts on Biden’s Stance on Fracking
- Biden-Harris Administration Must Stop Allowing Hunting and Fishing on Public Lands!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!