Most animal cruelty happens behind closed doors. That’s why it is so valuable when investigators are brave enough to go undercover and capture footage for the world to see. It’s also heartbreaking.
In June 2021, an investigator from Animal Outlook captured a video of people cruelly slaughtering a “downed” cow at Bravo Packing in New Jersey. Over 17 minutes, workers failed to stun the cow—who was unable to walk—despite repeatedly shooting bolts into her skull. Animal Outlook reported that it is calling for criminal charges against Bravo Packing and J&S Barr, LLC as a result of the footage. According to the organization, “Bravo and Barr’s actions violate multiple federal and state laws, including the federal Humane Methods of Slaughter Act, the New Jersey Humane Treatment of Domestic Livestock Regulations, New Jersey’s animal cruelty law, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and New Jersey’s food safety laws.”
You can send a thank you message to Animal Outlook’s undercover investigators through their website and support future investigations by donating. You can also read about more undercover investigations on One Green Planet:
- New Undercover Investigation Reveals Costco Chickens Suffer Extreme Cruelty
- Undercover Footage Shows Dead Chickens Rotting Inside Farm That Supplies to Supermarkets
- Watch Rooney Mara Visit Animal Farms for Undercover Investigation
- Undercover Footage Shows Dairy Farm Workers Brutally Beating Cows with Sticks
- Gruesome Undercover Footage Could Finally Put an End to Mink Farms in Poland
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!