Chinese scientists have forced male rats to give birth according to The Sun in what’s being dubbed a “Frankenstein-style” experiment.
To carry out the experiment, a male and female rat were attached by skin and blood sharing. Then, a uterus was transplanted into a male rat and then embryos were implanted into each male and female rat. Scientists then performed a Caesarean section on the rats, and then performed “separation” surgery, and found all males survived for three months.
In the research paper, the team wrote, “For the first time, a mammalian animal model of male pregnancy was constructed by us. Our research reveals the possibility of normal embryonic development in male mammalian animals, and it may have a profound impact on the research of reproductive biology.”
Animal activists including PETA spoke out against the study. PETA’s Senior Science Policy, Advisor Emily McIvor told the Mail Online, “In this vile study, after being castrated and forcibly conjoined to a female rat, male rats were cut open and implanted with a uterus and embryos were inserted in them – all to establish if they could ‘successfully’ produce young. These shocking experiments are driven solely by curiosity and do nothing to further our understanding of the human reproductive system. Animals deserve to be respected and left in peace, not bred in laboratories, experimented on, and treated like disposable objects.”
Animal testing is a useless and unethical part of scientific research, the testing is found to be ineffective, as 95% of drugs that pass animal tests fail on humans. Numerous companies are standing up against animal testing and recently the USDA made a decision to eliminate some mammalian testing by 2025 but there’s more to be done and it’s time countries ban animal experimentation altogether as it hurts humans as well.<
Sign this petition and ask Congress to pass the Humane Research and Testing Act of 2021 without delay!
- Ricky Gervais and Zac Efron Partner to End Animal Testing
- 10 Groundbreaking Alternatives to Animal Testing
- Boston University and Harvard Team Up to Remove Animal Testing from Wound Healing Study
- Various Animal Testing Violations Found at Government Labs
- 5 Extremely Unnecessary and Inhumane Experiments Done on Animals
- Veterans Affairs Under Fire For Spending Over $8 Million in Taxpayer Money on Horrific Cat Experiments for Medical Research
- This International Rabbit Day Pledge to Live Cruelty-Free, End Animal Testing and Support the Humane Cosmetics Act!
- New Bill Introduced to Reduce Animal Testing
- 7 Real World Examples That Prove Animal Testing Harms Humans
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!