You’re out walking in the park when you see an adorable little squirrel come scampering along. Suddenly, it stops and freezes its position as it looks at an acorn that it collected – the squirrel looks so perfect and serene, almost like it isn’t real. It’s the perfect pose. You must quickly remove your smart phone from your back pocket.
Fumble, fumble. Oh no, the phone is starting to freeze up as you click on your camera icon. With so many notifications (Oh, mom. Why does she always have to text me during such important times?!), you might be a bit flustered trying to get the perfect shot of the world’s cutest squirrel.
Then it happens. Alas, the camera is working … but wait! The squirrel skipped away. You missed your opportunity. All you wanted was a cute shot of an animals in nature, posing in an almost statue-esque fashion. Well, we here at One Green Planet have you covered, Green Monsters! You may not have been quick enough to get that nature photograph that you had wanted, but we found some sweet pictures that will fill the void. Check out these insanely cool animals right in the midst of striking a pose!
1. “Wait, wait get my good side, my stripes are magnificent on the left side of my face!”
This zebra is sexy and he knows it. Did you know that no two zebras stripes are alike? They are like a fingerprint; a way for baby zebras to identify their mamas and vice versa!
2. “I call this one my ‘GQ Cover Model’ pose. It says, “Hey there, stranger. I’m handsome and deep all at once.”
Did you know that there are over 300 species of primates? Yep, and there are more being discovered as we speak!
3. “I don’t see you, you are insignificant to me. I shall just stand here with my back to you and look regal until you depart my presence, human. Be gone!”
4. “Vinnie, smile for the camera. No not like that, your eyes get squinty when you smile like that.” – “Stop telling me my business Bernice, 30 years of marriage doesn’t make you my smile director.”
Look at that happy couple! It may be hard to tell these little cuties apart from their frog friends. An easy way is to remember that toads are more dry and terrestrial, where frogs love the water!
5. “Who me? Yes, I know I’m a pretty princess.”
Did you know that the largest swan species can have a wingspan of 108 inches? Those are some cool wings right there.
6. “As a nominee for senior class president, I promise to make every Friday ‘Crazy Hair Day’ and to add a baked potato bar to the cafeteria!”
There you are, squirrel! You may notice that you see quite a bit of squirrels around. You may even have the same squirrel friends for many years since their average lifespan is 15- 18 years!
7. “Guys, this is not rocket science! Could you just face the camera until it flashes!”
Penguins are just like us! You always have that one person who just won’t stay still in family photos. Did you know that both penguin parents care for their baby chick for several months until baby is able to hunt on it’s own?
8. “Hold on, I think I closed my eyes. Take it again.”
Can an otter pose get any more cheeky than this? There are over 13 species of otter and there is evidence that otters have been around for about five million years.
9. “Hey, wanna see my Nigel Farage impression? This is it, I just look like Nigel Farage.”
Animals pose for selfies in the wild too. However, theirs are far cuter than any human selfie. It. Is. Just. Fact.
10. “Hey baby, either I just got off of a warm rock or you’re gorgeous, ‘cuz I’m feeling warm-blooded all of a sudden.”
Lounging and giving us that coy look. Lizard, you are just too smooth for words!
11. “You know what, I don’t wanna hear word one about how long and graceful Iman’s neck is until she can do this.”
This duck is striking a most impressive yoga pose. Did you know that all ducks have waterproof feathers? Making them look this sharp both in and out of the water.
12. “You wanna see ‘fierce?’ Improperly extinguish your camping fire and don’t clean up your camp site, you’ll see plenty of ‘fierce’ my friend.”
Heard of Smokey the Bear? This guy and his seriously cool horn action is Brutus the Buffalo, stoic defender of keeping nature beautiful.
13. “Me! Look at me, I’m cute! Hey, look … here I am! Look at me right here!”
We all have them. The newborn photos that our parents just insist on showing our high school dates. This one is just so adorable that I doubt she will mind.
We would like to thank all of the wild animals pictured for being so photogenic! We heart you (even Squirrel).
Lead image Credit: Pixabay.com