Celebrate! A four-year-old pup named Charlize was finally adopted after spending years in animal shelters across Delaware. The dog spent 866 days at the Delaware SPCA after being adopted by Anna and Matthew, according to local station WTFX.
Charlize is a mixed breed. Anna and Matthew had just purchased a home and were looking for a dog to make their home complete.
“We weren’t aware of how long she had been in the shelter until we met her and honestly couldn’t figure it out,” said Anna. “She was such a sweetie the whole time we were there meeting her! And now, seeing how excited she is to be home and with people loving her makes us so happy!”
Charlize went home with the couple on November 13 and she seems to be settling in already. “I am happy that she seems to trust us already,” Anna said. “It’s like we have known her much longer than we have.”
Charlize was the longest resident at the Delaware SPCA before she was adopted! The shelter shared the news on Facebook.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Animal Shelter Throws Epic Birthday Party for 2-year Old Rescue Pup Named Brownie
- The First Rescue Dog is Coming to the White House
- Meet Lamb Chop, Winner of World’s Cutest Rescue Dog Contest!
- Real Life Animal Hero Adopts 13 Dogs No One Wanted
- After Watching Sweet Shelter Dog Develop Anxiety From Being Ignored by Adopters, Rescuers Went Above and Beyond!
- Jon Hamm Adopts Dog Who Was Returned to the Rescue Shelter Twice
- Child’s Touching Letter to a Rescue Dog Will Encourage You to Adopt, Not Shop!
- New NY Bill Proposes Ban on Retail Shops that Sell Pets
- The Truth Behind Puppy Mills and Backyard Breeders
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!