In a delightful and comical moment captured on camera, a black bear cub from Asheville, North Carolina, was spotted attempting to take out the trash like a good neighbor.
The homeowner, David Oppenheimer, couldn’t believe his eyes when he reviewed the footage from his surveillance camera. The adorable cub was seen standing on its hind legs and attempting to drag the trash container to the curb. Although the bear’s true motive was to find a snack rather than help with household chores, it’s determination and playful antics brought smiles to onlookers’ faces.
While the incident was lighthearted and amusing, it also serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible waste management. Taking steps to secure trash cans not only prevents wildlife disturbances but also promotes sustainability by minimizing litter and waste. By being mindful of our actions and implementing simple measures, such as using bear-proof clips, we can coexist with nature in a harmonious and eco-friendly manner.
The playful antics of the black bear cub attempting to take out the trash brought a touch of humor to the neighborhood. Although the bear’s intentions were driven by its search for food rather than fulfilling household duties, it provided a heartwarming and entertaining moment for residents. This adorable encounter underscores the significance of responsible waste management and showcases the creative solutions employed by the community to coexist with wildlife.
Speak Up Tee By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Orphaned Polar Bear Cub Captured and Brought to Alaska Zoo in Rare Decision
- Mother and Son Fined $15,000 for Poaching Two Black Bear Cubs
- Bear Cub Rescued With Head Stuck in a Plastic Jar
- Terrified Bear Cub Spent His First Night in Sanctuary with a Teddy Bear
- Lost Black Bear Cub Rescued After Starving for 3 Days
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!