Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
You never know what kind of antics you’ll find at the Second Chances Wildlife Center. Yeti, a sweet little opossum with a knack for surprises, recently managed to stun Brigette Brouillard, the center’s founder. What was Yeti’s trick? She nimbly climbed into a basket of stuffed toys, blending in so well it was hard to tell her apart from the cuddly inanimate occupants!
Yeti, a special needs opossum, has been a resident of the sanctuary since the fall of 2022. Her favorite pastime? Cozying up in baskets of stuffed animals for a restful siesta. One particular basket, situated a couple of feet off the ground, had been an elusive challenge – until now. Yeti’s successful climb into this cozy haven left Brouillard both amused and amazed.
At Second Chances, Yeti is clearly living a comfortable and secure life she absolutely deserves. You can lend a paw to her care by donating to the Second Chances Wildlife Center.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Six Rescued Baby Opossums Learn Skills to be Released Back Into the Wild [Video]
- Kind Man Saves Opossum in Pouring Rain [Video]
- Stop North Carolina’s New Year Opossum ‘Drop’ and Help Restore State Protections to North America’s Only Marsupial!
- Petition to End North Carolina’s Cruel New Year Eve’s Live Opossum Drop
- Sweet Photos of Baby Opossums Being Released Back Into the Wild Will Make You Smile
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!