Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: WPBF 25 News/YouTube
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, a witness reported seeing a suspect dragging a white French Bulldog mix by her leash and neck collar while driving. The motorist reportedly caught the attention of the driver who thought it might have just been an honest mistake. When the suspect stopped, they picked up the dog and threw her into the bed of the truck before driving off again.
After an investigation, detectives and the Palm Beach County Animal Care & Control located the suspect and after an interview, they agreed to turn over the French Bulldog mix named Blanco to PBC Animal Care & Control.
The investigation found that Blanco did not belong to the suspect but to another family member that “entrusted him with watching Blanco.”
Thankfully, the motorist who witnessed the act took a photo of the suspect’s license plate to turn over to PBSO for an investigation. We are thankful thank Blanco is somewhere safe and is being treated by Animal Care and Control.
The suspect, Lisandro, was arrested and charged with aggravated animal cruelty and cruelty towards animals.
Animal abuse is more prevalent than many may think. According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. More than 10 million animals die from abuse every year in the US alone, not including the livestock bred for consumption, who also suffer immense abuse. Animal abuse happens everywhere and is a serious issue. We need more laws to protect animals and hold abusers accountable.
Sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
- 10 Lucky Animals Rescued From‘Worst Ever Seen’ Animal Cruelty Case Are Now Loving Sanctuary Life
- Mississippi Finally Enacts Buddy’s Law Mandating Psychological Treatment for Kids Who Commit Animal Cruelty
- Dying Goldfish Installation Removed From Museum For Promoting Animal Cruelty
- Undercover Investigation Exposes Animal Cruelty at Bravo Packing Where Cows and Horses Are Slaughtered for Pet Food
- Bayern Munich Player Thomas Muller Accused of Animal Cruelty
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!