Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Few bonds in the world are as close as the one between a dog and their human. Dogs, often referred to as man’s best friend, have an uncanny ability to touch our hearts in ways that words often fail to capture. They become integral parts of our lives, forging connections that transcend both time and distance. It’s this remarkable connection that gives rise to some of the most heartwarming and emotionally charged moments ever, as we witness the purest form of love and loyalty between humans and their four-legged friends.
Source: The Dodo/Youtube
Butter was missing for a week and a half before finally being found by his mom. When she pulled up to her house, Butter’s dad was the most excited he had ever been. The two of them shed some tears and shared a hug.
2. Missing For 3 Years!
Source: The Dodo/Youtube
For three long years, this pup was lost. She spent some time on the streets before ending up in a shelter, where she was eventually found by her dad. They met up at the park. At first, she was a little nervous. But, as soon as she sniffed her dad she got super excited!
Source: The Independent/Youtube
A family was walking through NYC at the “Paws in the Park” event, hoping to find a new companion after their pup Mocha was lost 6 months prior. The mother spotted one of the dogs at the event and said that she looked remarkably similar to Mocha. After further inspection, they realized it was Mocha!
A woman named Jennifer found a dog wandering the streets in rough shape and immediately stepped in to help. Her first instinct was to take the pup to the vet, where they found a microchip. With this information, they found out that Nugget, the dog, was nearly 2,000 miles away from home and had been missing for seven years. Now, Nugget is reunited with his mom!
Source: KCAL News/Youtube
Drake was abducted in North Hollywood from a 7-11 while with his parent. Drake’s mom thought that she would never see her 11-year-old pitbull mix after the brutal attack. Luckily, it was only a two-day wait after someone at a sober living facility reported a resident leaving the dog there.
In these stories of canine-human reunions, we’ve witnessed the incredible capacity of dogs to express and receive love. These moments, filled with joy, tears, and embraces, remind us that the bond between humans and dogs is a treasure beyond measure. Amidst any certainty, we can always be sure that our four-legged friends will be there for us.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Bonded Dogs’ Reunion Melts Hearts
- This Woman’s Emotional Reunion With Her Lost Dog Will Warm Your Heart [Video]
- Rescuer Saves Dog From Busy Intersection and Has Emotional Reunion with Human Four Days Later
- Dog Goes Missing in Texas Only to Be Found Seven Years Later in Florida and Has Heartwarming Reunion with Family
- Epic Reunion Between a Lost Baby Bat and His Mother [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!