Sweet potato is the perfect addition to make treats moist! This recipe takes one base and gives you four unique varieties, making it great for parties — but you'll want to try them all, first.
Sweet Potato Treats [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup sweet potato
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- Generous 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 dates ( optional )
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon red banana powder
- Coconut shavings, to coat
- First, bake the sweet potato. Wash it, poke a few holes in it with a fork, and bake at 392°F for about 1 hour. When ready, set aside to cool, then remove the peel.
- Preheat the oven to 392°F. Throw the sweet potato in a food processor, along with the almond flour, sugar, and dates. Process until a dough forms.
- Split the dough in four. Add the chocolate chips to one and the cocoa powder to another. For the third variety, mix in some maca and chia seeds. And for the last one, mix in the banana powder.
- When well mixed, form into balls ( about 1 tablespoon per ball ). Roll the banana balls in coconut.
- Place all the balls on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sweet Potato