Now that I know the health benefits of hemp seeds I’m finding creative ways to get my daily hemp fix. I think of hemp seeds almost as a “superfood” because they have a tremendous nutritional profile! They have all 20 amino acids, easily digestible protein, essential fatty acids and they're a great source of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fats. Vegan, raw, tasty, and oh-so-delicious, these bars are top notch for satisfying your hunger. The Omega 6 fats in hemp seeds are better for you than Omega 6 fats from animal foods, which makes these a great option to get your essential fatty acid intake!
Superfood Granola Bars [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seed Butter (could replace with other natural nut butter)
- 2 cups raw oats
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Soak pitted dates in 1/4 cup water for at least 30 minutes. Transfer soaked dates and water to blender and blend until the dates form a smooth paste.
- Pour date paste into a large bowl. Add the hemp seed butter and mix until well combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and spread even. Flatten top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until bars set up. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Enjoy as a snack for a good, healthy boost of protein.