Dinner is not going to be boring! This delicious stir-fry is perfect for a crowd or for meal prepping for a good variety of texture, flavor, and color!
Japanese Stir-Fry Udon Noodles [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli crowns
- 1/4 cup dried Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1, 14-ounce packet udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Japanese seasoning
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoons miso paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup water divided into 2 parts
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped, for garnish
- In a small bowl, add the dried Shiitake mushrooms and top with 1/2 cup warm water. Set aside.
- In a stir-fry pan, add the coconut oil and heat on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and red bell peppers. Cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Drain and squeeze water out of the Shiitake mushrooms before adding to the pan.
- Add the zoodles, the udon noodles, and 1/4 cup of water. Let it sit for about a minute before stirring it.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the sesame seeds and green onions.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then turn off the heat. Leave noodles in the pan for a few minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.