If you love a little fire, something with a wow factor that's guaranteed to be a hit with everyone, meet the jalapeño mac and cheese burger with Shiitake bacon. These awesome sandwiches are a foodie dream come true. It has multiple flavor dimensions — salty, savory, spicy, and cheesy — and if you want to add a little sweetness into the mix, add a drizzle of maple syrup to the Shiitake bacon marinade.
Jalapeño Mac and Cheese Burger With Shiitake Bacon [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- 1 block vegan mozzarella
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 buns
For the Shiitake Bacon:
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil or any oil
To Make the Shiitake Bacon:
- Add the sliced Shiitake to a bowl and coat in all the ingredients. Let sit for a few hours or overnight for optimal flavor or simply toss and bake at 200°F for 45 minutes until crispy. Rotate midway to ensure crispness.
To Make the Jalapeño Mac and Cheese Burgers:
- In a pan, add the chopped vegan cheese and almond milk, then cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until completely melted and combined.
- Add to the cooked and drained pasta, combine, add the Shiitake bacon, sliced jalapeño, and panko. Form into patties, and serve on buns.
- Cheesy Recipes