Pasta is one of the ultimate comfort foods. Sit down with a big bowl of noodles, and you’ll find that bowl will be gone in no time. It’s one of those foods that can so easily be made without meat and dairy, while still pleasing people with different dietary choices and lifestyles. Today is National Noodle Day, so boil some water, throw some salt in there, toss in the pasta and let’s get cooking. Check out these ways to make awesome noodle dishes with some of our most popular pasta recipes.
1. Succulent Tortellini With a Nut Cream and Wild Mushroom Sauce
Warm and succulent, this tortellini dish has all the creamy comfort of the dairy-packed original. Isn’t it awesome how creative plant-based food can be?
2. Pasta With Vegan Bolognese Sauce
You have to try this pasta sauce if you’re a meat lover. Giving up the beef doesn’t mean saying farewell to bolognese sauce; try using lentils and mushrooms instead for that hearty texture.
3. Raw Zucchini Pasta With Creamy Avocado-Cucumber Sauce
If you’ve never had raw pasta, you have to try it. When you smother zucchini “noodles” in a creamy sauce like this avocado-cucumber sauce, you can hardly tell you’re not eating wheat pasta. Plus, this version is much healthier!
4. Fried Artichokes Over Lemon Butter Pasta
Artichokes take on a dreamy, indulgent taste and texture when you fry them. Serve them over pasta with a lemon butter sauce and you’ll be in noodle heaven!
5. Vegan Linguine With Greens, Chickpeas and Almonds
Linguine pasta tastes delicious with some garlic, pepper and olive oil. This recipe also incorporates chopped mixed greens and chickpeas so you can feel full and satiated.
6. Zucchini Pasta With Creamy Cheese Sauce
To make this delicious and creamy cheese sauce, you will need garlic, nut milk, dates, apple cider vinegar, fresh basil, miso, walnuts, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt and pepper.
7. Raw Vegan Zucchini Marinara Pasta
This pasta is completely raw, so there’s no boiling water required. You may be surprised how delicious raw zucchini noodles can be!
8. Fettuccine Alfredo With Zucchini Pasta and Cauliflower Sauce
You don’t need cow’s milk and butter to make this creamy alfredo sauce. Instead, use cauliflower, miso, cashews and nutritional yeast.
9. Spaghetti Squash With Basil and Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Similar to the above recipe, this creamy alfredo sauce is made from cauliflower, almond milk, garlic and nutritional yeast.
10. Carrot Beet Angel Hair Pasta With Spicy Pine Nut and Pistachio Pesto
This is a lighter dish that is perfect for those who are trying to cut down on their carb intake or just unhealthy ingredients in general.
11. Vegetable Rigatoni With Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
Here is another awesome creamy sauce that’s made with cauliflower. We love that this veggie can be transformed into a rich, cruelty-free sauce like this.
12. 5 Minute Basil Pesto Raw Zucchini Pasta
This is a super quick and easy meal to throw together in just five minutes.
Lead image source: Vegan Linguine with Greens, Chickpeas, and Almonds