This is a great weeknight pasta dish that is healthy, hearty, and crunchy (thanks to the almonds).
Linguine With Greens and Chickpeas [Vegan]
- 41/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pods of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 11/2 cups of chopped mixed greens
- ¾ cup of cooked chickpeas
- 8 oz dried linguine (cooked per the directions on the package)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¾ cup of coarsely chopped almonds
- Heat the about 4 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and add in the garlic and gently cook the garlic for about a minute or two, until the garlic is fragrant and turns into a dark shade of toffee. Watch this as garlic moves from delicious to burnt within seconds.
- Add in the cumin and the red pepper flakes and stir well.
- Add in the greens and cook until they wilt.
- Stir in the chickpeas and the cooked pasta and mix well.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil and add the almonds and stir lightly for a couple of minutes to allow them to gently toast.
- Mix in the almonds and serve with the pasta.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile