Not only is this meal gluten-free by using healthy spaghetti squash in place of traditional pasta, but it also replaces traditional Alfredo sauce with a smooth, creamy and flavorful vegan cauliflower Alfredo sauce. Spaghetti squash is really simple to make and a great gluten-free alternative to pasta. While it doesn't taste exactly like pasta, it's still fun to eat and tasty! This recipe has bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion, but feel free to add whatever veggies you like! The vegan cauliflower Alfredo sauce is the star of this dish. It's so creamy and flavorful, but still quite easy to make! Just cauliflower, almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper! That's it. Once you try it, you'll want to put the vegan cauliflower Alfredo sauce.
Spaghetti Squash With Basil and Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce [Vegan]
For the Dish:
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups almond milk
- 5 garlic cloves, freshly crushed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, or to taste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
For the Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
To Make the Spaghetti Squash Pasta:
- Prepare spaghetti squash by cutting the spaghetti squash in half.
- Scrape out all the seeds from the inside.
- Rub olive oil on the inside of the spaghetti squash.
- Bake face down at 350°F for approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape the inside of the squash out to use as "pasta."
To Make the Sauce:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil in a large pot for about 15 minutes or until tender, then strain.
- Put the cauliflower, milk, nutritional yeast, pink Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a high-speed and blend until smooth and creamy.
To Make the Vegetables:
- Dice the red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, saute the red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms until they are tender.
- Combine the vegetables, spaghetti squash pasta, and cauliflower alfredo sauce.
- Toss with fresh chopped basil right before serving.