This artichoke pasta recipe will get everyone in your family to the dinner table. It’s made with a creamy lemon butter sauce and lightly seasoned fried artichokes that are just to-die-for! They add amazing texture and smokiness to the dish. This artichoke pasta recipe is everything you could want––comforting, flavorful, and quite easy. You will love it.
Fried Artichokes Over Lemon Butter Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed drained and dried well
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp finely minced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp cold vegan butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Vegan Parmesan, for sprinkling (optional)
- Add pasta to boiling salted water. Cook per package directions.
- Add about 1/2 inch of olive oil to a shallow pan. Turn on medium high heat. When oil is hot add the drained and dried artichoke hears. Allow to cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- While pasta and artichokes are cooking add 2 tablespoons of the vegan butter to a saute pan over medium heat. When butter is melted add the onion, lemon juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until onion begins to soften. Add the wine and continue to cook for a few minutes stirring to incorporate. Once incorporated add the cold butter, re-season with salt and pepper and whisk to emulsify.
- When the pasta is finished cooking drain in a colander and when ready, add to the sauce. Toss to coat.
- To serve, place pasta in a plate or bowl, top with the artichoke hearts, capers and Parmela if using.