Balancing, nourishing, and delicious! These veggie bowls are packed with vibrant colors and topped with a sweet, but creamy dressing.
Hippie Macro Glow Bowl With Maple Turmeric Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups raw kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (to massage kale)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4-6 slices fresh cucumber
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut (or more, to taste)
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
Maple Turmeric Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari (or liquid aminos/soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Start by massaging the kale with fresh lemon juice to break down the fibrous leaves. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick coconut oil spray and saute the broccoli just until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Don’t overcook it to mush!
- Start assembling your bowls by dividing the cooked quinoa, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, sauerkraut, and optional sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour over your macro bowls.
- Mix it all up and dig in!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS