These McDonald's Big Mac remakes couldn't be easier — made from refried beans and bread crumbs, the patties grill in up a flash and then all you need to do is assemble. In true Big Mac fashion, you have a burger bun in between patties, crisp shredded lettuce, sweet, creamy sauce, and a slice of vegan cheese. Serve with a side of easy homemade fries and you are good to go!
Bean Burger Big Mac [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
For the Burgers:
- 2.5 servings from a 16.5-ounce of refried beans from a can or make your own
- Approximately 1/2 cup bread crumbs (gluten-free if needed)
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
For the Toppings:
- Shredded lettuce
- Vegan cheese slices
- 2 bottom burger buns (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 top burger bun (gluten-free if needed)
For the Fries:
- Potatoes (as many as you want)
- Slice and chop the potatoes into fry shape. Rinse potatoes with water then dry with a paper towel. Coat with oil and salt. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Mash refried beans with bread crumbs. Add more bread crumbs to firm the patties up. Use less to make patties less dry but more mushy. Grill patties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon vegan mayo with 1 teaspoon ketchup
- Put shredded lettuce on the bottom bun. Put one slice of vegan cheese on the lettuce. Add bean patty on top of vegan cheese. Put the second bottom bun on top. You may need a toothpick to hold those all together.
- Add lettuce to the second bottom bun then top with second bean patty.
- Put sauce on the top patty. Crown it with the top bun.
- Plate with fries with the burger.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Beans - All