Try this simple creation with beets that will impress your guests and leave you with much time to catch up on life.
Beet Greens with Garlic and Toasted Almonds
This Recipe is :
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pods of garlic, slices
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic scapes (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno chilie, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped beet greens
- salt to taste
- Place the almonds in hot water and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and remove the skin.
- Chop coarsely.
- Lightly toast the almonds, until very lightly golden and set them aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 30 seconds and add in the garlic slices, cumin and cook for about half a minute.
- Add in the garlic scapes and the chilie and continue cooking for about another minute until the mixture is a beautiful, fragrant bubbling mass, this takes about 3 minutes. You need to keep stirring constantly.
- Add in the beet greens and the salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Stir in the almonds and enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS