Try this simple creation with beets that will impress your guests and leave you with much time to catch up on life.
Beet Greens with Garlic and Toasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pods of garlic, slices
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic scapes (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno chilie, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped beet greens
- salt to taste
- Place the almonds in hot water and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and remove the skin.
- Chop coarsely.
- Lightly toast the almonds, until very lightly golden and set them aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 30 seconds and add in the garlic slices, cumin and cook for about half a minute.
- Add in the garlic scapes and the chilie and continue cooking for about another minute until the mixture is a beautiful, fragrant bubbling mass, this takes about 3 minutes. You need to keep stirring constantly.
- Add in the beet greens and the salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Stir in the almonds and enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS