Pepperoni pizza is a comfort food with flavors holds a permanent spot in our hearts. But what can you do when you want it meatless and dairy-free? This pizza recreates that hot, spicy pepperoni flavor with crispy, thinly sliced zucchini marinated in a spicy and flavorful sauce. Top that with melty vegan cheese and you're ready for pizza night.
Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Zucchini Pepperoni:
- Wash and thinly slice the zucchini.
- In a baking dish, mix hot sauce with tamari and balsamic vinegar. Add the zucchini and mix, so that they are covered well.
- Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- This step is optional, but it's recommended that you put the spiced zucchini in the oven and bake at medium heat (320°F) for 10-15 minutes before storing in the refrigerator.
To Make the Crust:
- Give all ingredients for the dough to a bowl and knead well. You should have a slightly moist but sticky dough. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Form the pizza crust by spreading the dough.
To Make the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Spread the tomato paste on top of the crust. Add the marinated spicy zucchini slices. Top off with as much vegan cheese as you'd like.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.