This bread is slightly sweet and is perfect with a cup of your favorite warm drink!
Yeast Bread [Vegan]
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast (20 g) / alternatively 5-6 g dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water or soy milk
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 4 cups spelt flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3.5 tablespoons plantbased butter for brushing
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl.
- Add the lukewarm water or soy milk and 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes until the yeast has dissolved.
- Put the flour, raw cane sugar, salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Knead everything well into a yeast dough.
- Grease a bowl with oil and add the yeast dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and put on a warm place for 60 min. until it doubles in size.
- Then cut the dough into thirds and form three equal rolls out of the pieces.
- Then braid them into a braid.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Let go for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 356 °F top / bottom heat.
- Brush with the liquid butter.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 minutes until golden brown.