You could easily slap avocado on some toast, give it a sprinkle of salt, and be on your way. But, it’s nice to make something as seemingly mundane as toast a little special. Not only will the watermelon radishes provide a little brightness during your day, but they have such a sweet flavor—perfect for the morning. Cilantro made the cut for its brightness and wonderful blood cleansing properties. Everything is topped off by a cheezy toasted pepita sprinkle that is delicious on pretty much anything you add it to, except for maybe ice cream.
Winter Avocado Toast With Cheezy Pumpkin Seed Sprinkle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Makes 2 slices of toast.
To Make the Sprinkle:
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
To Make the Toasts:
- Chop the toasted pumpkin seeds as finely as you like or have the energy to, then mix them with the remaining sprinkle ingredients. Store leftovers in a small airtight container either at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, mash the avocado with the lemon juice and the salt.
- When the bread is ready, spread it with your vegan mayo (or another condiment), then divide the mashed avocado between the two slices of bread.
- Arrange the radish slices over the avocado, then finish with the cilantro and the cheezy toasted pepita sprinkle. If you want to really go crazy, add the sprinkle to the avocado mash instead of the plain sea salt.