Wholegrain Flaxseed and Sesame crackers are crisp and delicious. The crackers make a healthy snacking option. Enjoy plain or with spread or with your favorite dip!
Wholegrain Flaxseed and Sesame Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- Take sesame seeds in a thick bottom wok and roast till the colour just begins to change.
- In the same wok roast flaxseeds till the seeds begin to crackle.
- Keep the seeds to cool.
- In a large bowl take first three ingredients and mix well.
- Add seeds. Add water just enough to bring the mixture together into a dough. Do not knead. Cover and keep for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide dough into two parts.
- Take one part and roll thinly between two sheets of parchment paper.
- With a cutter or a sharp knife, cut even size crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the color at the edges begins to change.
- Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.