Soft and fluffy whole-wheat chocolate chip pumpkin muffins. Perfect for a make-ahead breakfast, snack, or healthier dessert.
Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line or grease a muffin tray.
- In a bowl mash a banana really well, then add the peanut butter and mix well.
- To the banana mixture add the maple syrup, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix in the chocolate chips
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Careful to not over-mix.
- Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the muffin tops bounce back when pressed.