This recipe is so delicious and will provide so much nutrition to start your day off in the best way. This recipe is suitable for vegans, gluten free and contains no refined sugar. Warming spiced turmeric baked oats for a nourishing and satisfying breakfast!
Warming Turmeric Baked Oats Recipe [Vegan]
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 chia eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if neccessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 serving protein powder
- 1/4 cup raisins (or other dried fruit/chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8 or similar sized baking dish.
- Add the turmeric, vanilla, eggs and almond milk and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder if using and raisins.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Slice banana into coins and place on top of the mixture
- Bake for about 30 minutes until edges start to brown and pull away from the sides of the baking dish.
- Remove from oven, let cool then slice.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.