We're not sure whether to call this dish a soup or a rice/ pasta type of dish! This is simply a bunch of delicious ingredients mixed together, and a very tasty concoction. It is warming and satisfying–-perfect for the upcoming colder months.
Warming Italian Rice Bowl [Vegan]
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup liquid of choice (veggie broth, nut milk, water)
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and oregano or 2 tablespoons dried
- Italian seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil + fresh basil if available
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook white rice according to package directions then set aside, covered.
- Chop and dice zucchinis and cut tomatoes in half. Steam or boil zucchini. While it steams, chop herbs and mince garlic. Add to an skillet with oil and and liquid. Sauté for a few minutes on low then add everything but the rice and veggies. Mix thoroughly and cook for a few minutes.
- Once it has turned into a sauce, add veggies then either serve over rice or mix rice into the sauce. Garnish with extra fresh parsley and tomatoes.