Walnuts, cashew cheese, and dates, all in one snack? Sounds a bit odd at first, but trust us — it works! These delicious, bite-sized morsels are salty, sweet, crunchy, and chewy. Plus, they're loaded with protein and fiber. You will have a hard time eating just one!
Walnut and Cashew Cheese-Stuffed Dates [Vegan]
- 15-20 dates
- Cashew cheese (recipe below)
- 15-20 walnuts
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- Combine cashew cheese ingredients in your blender until perfectly smooth. If mixture seems too thick to be able to squirt into dates, add a little more milk to thin it out.
- Cut a slit into one side of each date.
- Pour and scoop cashew cheese into a plastic bag or squirt bottle. Cut one corner off of the plastic bag if using that so you can pipe the cheese into the dates.
- Squirt a sizable amount of cheese into a date, then stuff a walnut in right after. Continue this process until all dates are filled with cheese and a walnut.