Seriously, if you love vegan mac 'n' cheese, here's a slightly spicy, flavorful, much healthier recreation of the old favorite. Loaded with secret ingredient goodies like nutritional yeast, tahini, and turmeric, it's got an amazing taste and health benefits!. The cheezy sauce is chock full of B vitamins and anti-inflammatory power. This vegan mac 'n' cheese is so healthy and delicious, you won't want to share!
Very Cheesy Mac ‘n’ Cheeze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Very Cheesy Mac ‘n’ Cheeze [Vegan]
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta elbows
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to Prepare Very Cheesy Mac ‘n’ Cheeze [Vegan]
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Gluten-free pasta, especially when brown rice based, tends to absorb more water than normal, so be sure to add extra water to the pot before boiling; it usually takes a few extra minutes for GF pasta to reach the al dente stage, too. And be sure to add a little salt to the water before boiling- it flavors the pasta.
- As pasta cooks, combine the raw cashews and nut milk in a blender or food processor. I never soak mine before hand- I prefer the slightly thicker sauce that results from not soaking them in this recipe.
- Once combined, add the rest of the ingredients. Yup, all of 'em.
- (Told you this recipe was easy!)
- Blend until combined. Set aside.
- Once pasta is al dente (literally meaning "to the bite"; leave a little texture in that pasta! Don't boil it into mushy submission.), strain, rinse, and put it back into the pot. Pour in the cheeze sauce, using a wooden spoon to gently toss and coat the pasta.
- Turn the burner back onto low and continue to cook the pasta and cheeze sauce together about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens to the noodles.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh basil or cilantro, avocado, or a little hot sauce for the best grown- up vegan mac' n cheeze you can imagine.
- To reheat, simply warm the pasta in a pan with a little non-dairy milk, stirring 'til creamy.
- Saves well in a refrigerated space for about a week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2261 | Total Carbs: 305 g | Total Fat: 91 g | Total Protein: 75 g | Total Sodium: 1229 g | Total Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.