This recipe is really quick and easily customizable to your tastes. I’ve used the veggies my family likes best, but feel free to swap them out for the ones you prefer. Pretty much anything works!
Vegetable Lo Mein With Creamy Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
- 6 oz Lo Mein noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 heads of baby bok choy, rinsed well and chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ small head of broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup pea shoots
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or Tamari or Soy Sauce)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- juice of ½ lime
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and mix all sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, sauté broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, bok choy and cashews and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and add the sauce, pea shoots and noodles. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with more pea shoots and chopped cashews.