This recipe for curry is so simple, yet so satisfying. Carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini are cooked in a spicy, creamy curry sauce. It's best served alongside rice and bread, so you can enjoy it to the very last drop!
Vegetable Curry With Carrots and Bell Peppers [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (substitute with water or vegetable broth for oil-free)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, quartered
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, plus 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups cashew milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish and flavor
- Heat the oil or water in a wok or wide pan. Add the sliced onions and pan-fry until golden brown.
- Add the curry powder, cumin powder, chili powder, along with ginger, and garlic. Saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the jalapenos and tomatoes and saute for 1 minute. Add the balance of the vegetables along with 3 cups of cashew milk (or coconut) and 1 cup of water. Add salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with the 3 tablespoons of water and set aside to congeal. Once the curry mixture comes to a boil, add the chia seed mixture. Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the curry has thickened some.
- Serve hot over rice or as you please! Add chopped cilantro, adjust salt as needed.