Horchata is one of my favorite cooling, summertime treats. Icy, creamy, and with a kick of cinnamon, this recipe is simple, delicious and sure to cool you down while tantalizing your taste buds.
Vegan Horchata! [Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cinnamon for topping
- In a bowl or pitcher, mix rice, water, and Cinnamon sticks together. Let sit for eight hours or overnight.
- After soaking rice, remove Cinnamon sticks and blend rice and water as smooth as possible.
- Using a fine strainer, cheesecloth, or even a tea towel or thin cloth, strain all liquid into a pitcher. Squeeze out as much of the liquid from the rice that you can.
- Add the almond milk and sugar to the rice milk. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over ice and top with more Cinnamon!