With a combination of coconut and almond milks, carrot juice, and touches of maple syrup and nutmeg, your vegan holiday wish just came true! This delicious drink has been veganized and healthified! This is one holiday treat you’ll want to (and can) experience again and again throughout the year!
Carrot Nog [Vegan]
- 1/2 c. canned coconut milk
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1/3 c. fresh carrot juice
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1/8-1/4 t. nutmeg (freshly ground, if possible…the pre-ground stuff is not as good)
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 t. slippery elm, powdered (optional, but it adds to the sweetness and thickness)
- Blend everything until well combined.
- Chill for a bit in the fridge. Enjoy with some shredded carrot, dried coconut, or some whipped coconut cream!
The addition of the slippery elm, as I stated, provides sweetness and thickness, but it also hosts a slurry of other benefits including: provides gastrointestinal relief in cases of irritable bowel syndrome provides respiratory relief in cases of bronchitis or coughing provides skin relief in cases of psoriasis, boils, and burns These are just some of the ailments helped and more reasons for you to try this drink! It’s creamy, healthy, and absolutely delectable!