Warm weather is here and that means ice cream for dessert! Finally. Nothing better than delicious Gluten-Free Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches on a hot summer day. Rich, chocolatey, and soft dark chocolate brownies filled with creamy vanilla bean ice cream! Who wouldn’t love that?!
Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water
- More chocolate chips, if desired
- 2 Pints vegan vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 8×8 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Mix the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the flaxseed and the water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and 2oz of dark chocolate to a small pot on medium heat. Once melted and smooth, turn off the heat. Add this mixture to the dry mixture, brown sugar, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and flax eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two 8×8 baking pans. Sprinkle on more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it’s just set on top. Be sure not to over-bake. Let cool completely. If you have the time, place it in the freezer overnight.
- Mix the two pints of vanilla ice cream until soft and add on top of 1 layer of the brownie. Keep the brownie in the baking pan. Add the second brownie on top and place it in the fridge overnight or until completely set. Cut into 8 or more bars and serve! Enjoy.