There are a few things I love about these bars. They have sprinkles in them – who doesn’t love that? They're also chewy from the oats but have a slight crunch from the chia seeds. It’s impossible to eat just a small bite or two, but they are so filling, it’s tough to eat more than one normal size bar at a time. They are made with real, whole ingredients that are simple AND nutrient dense, packed with vegan and gluten-free protein. Yup, they're pretty amazing.
Vanilla Chia Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chopped, soaked dates
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp raw, unsalted almond butter
- 1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkles (optional)
- Chop and soak dates for 15-20 minutes, if desired. Mine were a little hard, but softened up after 15 minutes or so. Makes it easier to process.
- Add dates, banana, vanilla extract, molasses and almond butter to food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and process until combined.
- Add protein powder and oats. Processing until a thick dough forms.
- At the end, add sprinkles, if desired, and mix by hand.
- Press dough to glass pan and chill for 1-2hrs before serving. Or, form into balls...and maybe roll in more sprinkles!
- These can be stored in the freezer, if desired.