This easy 20-minute meal combines fiber-rich farro with roasted summer veggies, including mini heirloom tomatoes and zucchini!
Turmeric Farro With Roasted Vegetables [Vegan]
To Make the Turmeric Farro:
- 1 1/2 cups dry farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
To Make the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1/2 a medium zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes (measured whole)
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 a medium red onion, roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine dry farro, broth, water, salt, and turmeric in a large pot and set over high heat until gently boiling.
- Mix well, reduce heat to low-medium, and cover to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Check periodically to stir.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed, take farro off heat and stir to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Prep your veggies: dice the zucchini, halve the mini heirlooms, slice the red onion, and slice the mushrooms if not pre-sliced.
- Toss the prepped veggies with avocado oil, parsley, and thyme and transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once roasted, transfer veggies to the pot containing the farro. I like using a fork or slotted spoon to transfer the veggies so that there isn't too much moisture in the final product.
- Mix the veggies into the farro and then season with salt and pepper before serving!