This lightly spiced Turmeric Chickpea Soup is perfect for rainy days. Wholesome, rich, and thick, this soup won't disappoint. The chickpeas give the soup a really nice, creamy texture and ginger gives this soup a spicy glow. Turmeric has a ton of health benefits, most notably it's anti-inflammatory properties. This Turmeric Chickpea Soup will warm your bones and comfort you on dreary days. But it's also great for any occasion and any time of the year.
Turmeric Chickpea Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- a pinch of ground cumin
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- soy yogurt to drizzle on top (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add all of the spices.
- Add the chickpeas and coat them in the flavored oil.
- Add enough water to just cover the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the stock cube, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender or stand blender until smooth.
- Add a drizzle of soy yogurt if you fancy.