These spicy ginger cookies are chewy on the outside, soft in the middle, and absolutely addicting!
Triple Ginger Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Triple Ginger Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons organic black strap molasses
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1/2 heaping tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Generous pinch flaky sea salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup organic crystalized ginger (sulphite-free), chopped
How to Prepare Triple Ginger Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix tahini, molasses, brown rice syrup, fresh ginger, salt, and coconut oil in a bowl until well combined.
- Add in the ground ginger, buckwheat flour, baking powder, and crystallized ginger, and stir everything together. The dough should be soft and wet, but not sticky. If it’s completely un-workable, add another tablespoon or two of flour. If it seems dry, add a splash of hot water.
- Roll the dough into balls. Then, with your hand, shape and flatten the dough to form a disc. Place each disc on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a little organic turbinado or rapadura sugar on top if desired, or garnish with extra crystallized ginger.
- Bake in the oven until just set, about 10-12 minutes then let cool completely before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.