These spicy ginger cookies are chewy on the outside, soft in the middle, and absolutely addicting!
Triple Ginger Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons organic black strap molasses
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1/2 heaping tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Generous pinch flaky sea salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup organic crystalized ginger (sulphite-free), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix tahini, molasses, brown rice syrup, fresh ginger, salt, and coconut oil in a bowl until well combined.
- Add in the ground ginger, buckwheat flour, baking powder, and crystallized ginger, and stir everything together. The dough should be soft and wet, but not sticky. If it’s completely un-workable, add another tablespoon or two of flour. If it seems dry, add a splash of hot water.
- Roll the dough into balls. Then, with your hand, shape and flatten the dough to form a disc. Place each disc on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a little organic turbinado or rapadura sugar on top if desired, or garnish with extra crystallized ginger.
- Bake in the oven until just set, about 10-12 minutes then let cool completely before serving.