For a unique way to eat vegetables and tofu, try out these skewers! Radicchio, Brussels sprouts, and tofu are grilled to golden perfection and then drizzled with a spicy coffee and dark chocolate sauce. These skewers have beautiful presentation and a truly special combination of savory and sweet.
Tofu Veggie Skewers With Spicy Coffee Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
For the Skewers:
- 1 head of radicchio, quartered
- 8-10 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 14-ounce package of firm tofu, cut in large squares
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Oil, for frying (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup very dark chocolate, unsweetened
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon very finely ground malawi coffee
- 1-2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons date sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- A pinch of salt
- Set your oven to broil or grill. Place the radicchio and Brussels sprouts on skewers. When the oven is heated, grill radicchio and sprouts with some salt and pepper on a parchment paper until somewhat softened and golden browned.
- Fry the tofu with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds on medium high heat in a bit of oil until golden brown on each side. place them on skewers, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Slowly heat the chocolate until melted. Add the rest of the ingredients over medium heat, and stir until completely smooth. give it a taste and add more chili, coffee, or sweetener if needed.
- Place the skewers on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and more chili flakes if you want.