Want a wonderfully light, yet satisfying breakfast? Look no further. In this recipe, creamy halved avocados are stuffed with a savory tofu scramble. Not only is this breakfast different, it's also incredibly easy to make!
Tofu Scramble-Stuffed Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Avocado:
- 1 large Haas avocado
For the Scramble:
- 6 ounces firm tofu
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 teaspoon freshly grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon black Himalayan salt
- Sauté the onion and pepper in water until soft.
- Add remaining filling ingredients, breaking up the tofu with your hands.
- Stir well to combine and heat through, then set aside.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit, then top each half with the scramble and serve.