Want a wonderfully light, yet satisfying breakfast? Look no further. In this recipe, creamy halved avocados are stuffed with a savory tofu scramble. Not only is this breakfast different, it's also incredibly easy to make!
Tofu Scramble-Stuffed Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Scramble-Stuffed Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Avocado:
- 1 large Haas avocado
For the Scramble:
- 6 ounces firm tofu
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 teaspoon freshly grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon black Himalayan salt
How to Prepare Tofu Scramble-Stuffed Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Sauté the onion and pepper in water until soft.
- Add remaining filling ingredients, breaking up the tofu with your hands.
- Stir well to combine and heat through, then set aside.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit, then top each half with the scramble and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.