This tofu masala is a flavorful dish that goes great with rice. The South Indian recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and includes tofu marinated in spices like turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, mace, maratha moggu, and coriander. Coconut milk is added to achieve a curry consistency.
Tofu Masala [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Masala [Vegan]
For the Tofu:
- 1 cup tofu cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
For the Masala:
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pepper cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- 1 mace
- 1 maratha moggu
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Prepare Tofu Masala [Vegan]
- Marinate tofu cubes with turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt. Keep aside for 1 hour. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, mace, maratha moggu, and fennel seeds. Stir a while. Add chopped onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chopped chilis, mint, and coriander leaves. Stir well. Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir a while. Add marinated tofu and 1/2 cup water. Add salt to taste and mix everything well.
- Cook it covered for 8-10 minutes. Add pepper cubes and lemon juice. Cook it for another 5-10 minutes until water is completely absorbed and you get dry masala. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.