This Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry is a veganized version of a classic Filipino recipe. It's one of those easy, go-to recipes that is both healthy and nutritious. Instead of meat, this Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry uses a crispy deep-fried tofu. It is flavored it with some peanut butter and maple syrup, resulting an amazing dish!
Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry [Vegan]
- 1 large block firm tofu, cubed
- 8.8 ounces green beans, sliced and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 pieces shallots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Deep fry tofu in 356°F oil until golden brown and crispy, set aside and let it drain excess oil
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the green beans and chilli then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir fry and mix well to distribute the sauce evenly. You might need to add a bit of water.
- Add the tofu and sesame oil stir fry for one more minute then serve hot.
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile