This Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry is a veganized version of a classic Filipino recipe. It's one of those easy, go-to recipes that is both healthy and nutritious. Instead of meat, this Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry uses a crispy deep-fried tofu. It is flavored it with some peanut butter and maple syrup, resulting an amazing dish!
Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry [Vegan]
- 1 large block firm tofu, cubed
- 8.8 ounces green beans, sliced and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 pieces shallots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
How to Prepare Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry [Vegan]
- Deep fry tofu in 356°F oil until golden brown and crispy, set aside and let it drain excess oil
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the green beans and chilli then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir fry and mix well to distribute the sauce evenly. You might need to add a bit of water.
- Add the tofu and sesame oil stir fry for one more minute then serve hot.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.