You would never guess that this vegan gouda cheese is made from tofu and potatoes. Like the real thing, this tofu gouda has the same buttery, nutty taste and can even be served in your favorite dishes. Melt it over pizza, add it to paninis and hot sandwiches, or put it in your lasagna. This tofu gouda is unbelievably delicious. You’ll be obsessed.
Tofu Gouda [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
About 8 ounces of cheese
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Gouda [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 cooked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon agar agar
- 1 pinch of red pepper powder or paprika
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Tofu Gouda [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend tofu and potatoes together. Add a pinch of red pepper powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend again and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the milk and butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the agar agar, stirring constantly, for about 6 minutes. Pour the milk mixture into the blender with the potatoes and tofu and blend to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared molds (ramekins, cupcake molds, etc...). Let cool to room temperature for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.