Sweet with applesauce, compote, or fresh fruits for breakfast or spicy as a main course with vegetables! Add these patties to a wrap, sandwich, or salad for an easy, protein-packed lunch or breakfast!
Tofu and Almond Patties [Vegan]
- 7-ounces silk tofu
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
- 3 tablespoons of ground almonds
- Something to sweeten (xylitol) or spice up (turmeric) (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sesame or flaxseed
- Coconut oil for frying
- Dab the tofu with a towel and squeeze gently.
- Then, mash with a fork and add the remaining ingredients.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. It should have formed a malleable dough. If the mass is too soft, you can still help with some flour.
- Make small patties and coat with sesame or linseed.
- Set up a pan with coconut oil and fry the patties on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve savory or sweet!