I can say with complete honesty that this is one of the simplest recipes I have ever created. These 3-ingredient bars take less than 10 minutes to whip up (not counting optional refrigeration before cutting), and they are loaded with naturally occurring nutrients, as well as delicious flavors!
3-Ingredient Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 3-Ingredient Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup nuts/seeds of choice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
How to Prepare 3-Ingredient Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until they begin to form a paste. Add in the nuts/seeds and continue to process until everything is evenly combined (you may need to scrape down the sides of the processor a few times). Add in the chocolate chips and optional sea salt, and pulse just until they are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the dough out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, and form the dough evenly into a compact rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick. Place dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 10 bars. Enjoy!
*These bars are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.