I can say with complete honesty that this is one of the simplest recipes I have ever created. These 3-ingredient bars take less than 10 minutes to whip up (not counting optional refrigeration before cutting), and they are loaded with naturally occurring nutrients, as well as delicious flavors!
3-Ingredient Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup nuts/seeds of choice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until they begin to form a paste. Add in the nuts/seeds and continue to process until everything is evenly combined (you may need to scrape down the sides of the processor a few times). Add in the chocolate chips and optional sea salt, and pulse just until they are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the dough out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, and form the dough evenly into a compact rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick. Place dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 10 bars. Enjoy!
*These bars are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.