This delicious lentil and black bean burger comes with a little extra of everything. It’s stuffed with roasted nuts, Parmesan cheese, hot chili sauce, and sweetness from balsamic vinegar. I made this recipe for a relative who loves hamburgers and he loved this veggie burger so much he asked for the recipe! Truffle mayonnaise adds an extra layer of deliciousness to this royal veggie burger.
The Truffled Burger Queen [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make The Truffled Burger Queen [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup (100 g) roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100 g) cooked and drained green lentils
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons (150 g) drained and rinsed canned black beans, mashed with a fork
- 1 cup (100 g) grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (100 g) panko or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 4 buns, halved and lightly toasted
For Truffle Mayo:
- 1 scant cup (200 g) vegan mayonnaise (page 152)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) truffle oil, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Sweet potato slices
- pickled onion
- Fresh green leaves or herbs
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
How To Make The Truffled Burger Queen [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- To make the patties: Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil or (14 g) of ghee for frying. Add the onions and fry until transparent and fragrant, add the green bell pepper and garlic during the last minute of frying. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the remaining patty ingredients through the pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours covered.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each into a patty. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil or 1 tablespoon (14 g) ghee. Fry the patties for 2 to 5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
For the Truffle Mayo:
- Mix the ingredients together into a smooth sauce.
- Assemble the burgers on the toasted buns with the toppings.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile