A big pan of roasted veggies served over cooked whole grains and topped with a Thai Peanut Sauce is a go-to meal that never gets old. However, in the heat of the summer, sometimes roasting veggies is the last thing you want to do. Those hot days have resulted in a slight modification: roasted veggies have been swapped out for FRESH veggies! Bonus – it just so happens that this also saves a ton of time. Not only is there no cooking involved, many veggies can be chopped in a food processor in seconds. Meaning a thai kale salad in no time! Raw veggies are super healthy and can have more water-soluble vitamins in-tact (like vitamin C and B vitamins) than cooked ones. You will love this whole-food, plant based Thai kale salad. There's no cooking involved, so it's minimal effort. Chopped greens, carrots and onions topped with a savory Thai Peanut Sauce––yummy!
Thai Kale Salad With Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 cups kale, chopped or other dark leafy green
- 4 medium carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup peanut butter no sugar or oil added
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts no oil added
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Add carrot and onion chunks to the large container of a food processor and pulse 8-10 times, or until no large chunks remain. Transfer to bowl with kale.
- Add peanut butter, water, tamari, lime juice, garlic, ginger and hot sauce to food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over veggies and toss to combine.
- Enjoy topped with 1 tablespoon of chopped peanuts.
After adding dressing, we prefer to let the salad rest in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before serving. The salad will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.