This cauliflower is the perfect accompaniment to rice, noodles, or whatever else you desire. Simple but absolutely delicious, and easy to whip up, this is your answer to your next weeknight meal!
Teriyaki-Style Roasted Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cauliflower head, roasted
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Cut cauliflower into chunks and roast on 425°F for about 30-40 minutes. Cauliflower should be toasted and golden.
- In a saucepan on med-low heat, heat sesame oil until hot. Add in garlic cloves and sauté until aromatic. Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and ginger.
- Simmer on low for about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with the 3 tablespoons of water. Add in to saucepan and stir. Simmer for another 3 minutes until thickened. Add in cauliflower chunks and mix well. Top with sesame seeds.